The Concept of Health and Well-Being

The World Health Organization defines health as a complete state of physical, mental, and social well-being. It includes the absence of disease and injury. Recent research has revealed that 80% of your health is determined by your genes, with the other 20% being the result of your environmental factors. Your genetic risk for certain diseases and conditions is higher if you live in a community that is not suited for your health. A combination of your genetics and your environment can cause illness.

In 1948, the World Health Organization (WHO) defined health as a state of well-being characterized by a range of physical, mental, and social capacities. These factors affect how well we feel, behave, and function in every area of our lives. For example, a healthy person can maintain homeostasis and recover from adverse events. A healthy person can manage stress, develop skills, and maintain healthy relationships. However, the concept of health has evolved considerably since then.

The WHO defines health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being. It emphasizes the ability to cope with stress and recover from adverse events. This includes the emotional and mental capacity to cope with changes in life and maintain relationships. As such, it is not a definite, but a very important goal for any individual. It is imperative to make choices that promote your health and wellness. If you want to live a healthy and productive life, make sure you’re doing what you can to improve your wellbeing.